SoCalBio Business Mixer: Designing Clinical Studies for Success
Thu, October 30, 16:00 – 19:00
Conference Room of the Guggenheim Building at Caltech in Pasadena, 1200 E. California Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91126
SoCalBio Business Mixer on October 30 will focus on "Designing Clinical Studies for Success"
Organized in Collaboration with the Entrepreneurship Forum at Caltech
October 30, 2014 -- 4 to 7 pm
Conference Room of the Guggenheim Building at Caltech in Pasadena
1200 E. California Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91126
Peter Blaisdell, Ph.D.
Executive Director, Global Study Management
Based on his 16-year experience at Amgen, Dr. Peter Blaisdell will provide an overview on clinical trial design that is relevant to both small and big companies, including:
- Why studies costs so much,
- The approach to different phases of clinical research to contain cost while meeting endpoints,
- Patient enrollment and retention, and
- Matching the trial objectives with the research and regulatory goals.
Dr. Blaisdell will summarize selected practical and strategic considerations for conducting modern clinical research for success.
The SoCalBio Networking Forums bring together leaders from all segments of the life-science industry to share insights and learn about:
- Innovation best practices
- Device and biotech business trends
- Technology convergence opportunities, and
- Broad-reaching public policies shaping the commercialization of innovations and healthcare service delivery in the U.S. and abroad.