Meet with… Breakout Labs
Tue, September 9, 10:00 – 12:30
Janssen Research & Development LLC - 3210 Merryfield Row - San Diego, CA 92121
For details, click here: https://jlabssd-breakout2014.eventbrite.com
Is your company looking for funding? Or simply interested in learning more about a program that's filling a serious funding gap for startup companies? Then join us for a chance to hear from the Thiel Foundation's newest venture: The Breakout Labs.
The Thiel Foundation defends and promotes freedom in all its dimensions, political, personal, and economic, by:
- supporting innovative scientific research and new technologies that empower people to improve their lives
- championing organizations and individuals who expose human rights abuses and authoritarianism in all its guises
- encouraging the exploration of new ideas and new spaces where people can be less reliant on government and where freedom can flourish
On September 9th, hear from Dr. Hemai Parthasarathy, Scientific Director at Breakout Labs, on how Breakout Labs fund early-stage companies pushing the boundaries of science and technology. Awards up to $350,000 help these breakthrough companies achieve specific scientific and technical milestones - e.g. proof-of-concept, prototype, and animal studies - bridging a critical funding gap in their early development. Dr. Hemai Parthasarathy will also discuss tips on preparing a competitive application, proper stage of development, and other factors that Breakout Labs is looking for when reviewing applications.
Following the presentation and Q&A, don't miss this opportunity to introduce yourself to the firm during the networking lunch. And finally, for those companies who apply online and are approved, one-on-one meetings with Dr. Hemai Parthasarathy will provide a forum to further discuss your company with the firm. Dr. Hemai Parthasarathy is interested in meeting with early-stage companies that:
- have raised less than $1M in investment (not counting grant money in that total)
- are based on a cutting-edge, deep scientific/technological advance
- across all areas of the hard sciences/technology but not IT (Breakout Labs doesn't typically fund web-based applications).