Integrium celebrates 12 years helping clients achieve clinical trials success
INTEGRIUM CELEBRATES 12 YEARS HELPING CLIENTS ACHIEVE CLINICAL TRIALS SUCCESS
In Over 150 Clinical Trials to Date, Clients have Consistently Exceeded
Patient Enrollment Goals While Reducing Costs
Tustin, Calif. – December 6, 2010 – In its 12 year history, cardiovascular, dermatology and metabolic CRO Integrium has developed and managed over 150 successful clinical trials for clients, consistently beating patient enrollment goals and reducing costs. Integrium provides a therapeutic focus based on deep experience in cardiovascular, dermatological and metabolic trials of all sizes in regions around the world. On the basis of this experience the company offers a full range of services that combine innovative cutting-edge science and technology with practical clinical operations and involve working hands-on with clients, investigators and vendors to deliver high quality service with a sense of immediacy.
Integrium’s smaller size enables it to be far more nimble, and develop a personal rapport and trust with its clients in a way that “mega CROs” simply cannot. 2011 will mark the beginning of Integrium’s 13th year in this highly competitive market, a year the company will usher in with a large cadre of return clients and a team of passionate employees whose dedication is underscored by some of the lowest employee turnover in the business. Its exceptional performance recently caught the attention of the prestigious British pharmaceutical industry journal Scrip Clinical Research, which included Integrium in a cover story on specialty CROs, citing the launch of its dermatological practice as an example of a niche strategy worth watching.
Key Integrium Milestones/Metrics
- 12-year anniversary
- Founded in 1998 by clinical research thought leaders Dr. David H.G. Smith, MD and Dr. Joel M. Neutel, MD. Dr. Smith and Dr. Neutel continue to lead the company today.
- Established formal alliances with regional partner CROs in Europe, Australia and India, with numerous additional Integrium locations in North America and South Africa
- 150 successful clinical trials for clients
- Tightened patient enrollment timelines dramatically and reduced study spend for clients such as Graceway Pharmaceuticals and Resverlogix
- Consistently differentiated itself by demonstrating a deep understanding of the complexities and nuances of clinical research in its three core focus therapeutic areas: cardiovascular disease, metabolic disease and dermatology
- Underscoring its success in these trials, 63% of Integrium’s business is with clients for whom it has managed clinical trials before
- Added Dermatology Clinical Research Group in June 2010
- Helps Integrium clients design scientifically rigorous yet feasible dermatology studies, leveraging its relationships with reliable, high-quality investigators to help identify and recruit study patients, and effectively manage their studies from start to finish
- Led by noted dermatology drug development expert Dr. Mary Spellman
- In a business where qualified, motivated professionals are critical to success and turnover is high, Integrium has some of the lowest turnover in the industry, with over 90% of the team remaining intact
Dr. David Smith, MD, Founding Partner and Chief Medical Officer, Integrium: “Patient recruitment, enrollment and retention continue to represent a critical bottleneck in clinical research and drug development. We are proud of the results we’ve achieved with clients like Graceway and Resverlogix to ensure that they have the patient subjects they need to get the highest-quality data to run better, safer trials.”
Eileen McAuley, RN, BS, MPA, Chief Operating Officer, Integrium: “We take our mission statement seriously, focusing on integrity as a core value. This translates into our dedication to personalized service from the start of a client’s clinical trial to its completion, rigorous scientific protocols, and unyieldingly high research standards. We are not striving to be the biggest CRO – just the best.”
Dr. Sharon Levy, MD, Senior Vice President of Product Development, Graceway Pharmaceuticals: “Integrium’s keen understanding of our specific therapy areas allows us to stay focused on our primary trial objectives. For a multi-center Phase 2 trial they helped us enroll and randomize many more patients than we thought possible – and did so with a very small drop-out rate and 19 weeks ahead of schedule.”
Dr. Allan Gordon, MD, Ph.D, Senior Vice President, Clinical Development, Resverlogix: “Integrium understands that trial efficiencies come from the ground up. The services team understood that we required a ‘true’ partnership and that success would come from understanding our needs and the complexities inherent in running a 40-site study – and their results exceeded our expectations. That they reduced our cycle so dramatically – by nearly six months – allowed us to come in under budget and see the site results we hoped for.”
- Press release announcing successful trials with Graceway Pharmaceuticals and Resverlogix
- Press release announcing launch of Dermatology Clinical Research Group
- Overview of Integrium’s expertise as a cardiovascular, dermatology and metabolic CRO
- Follow Integrium on LinkedIn
About Integrium, LLC
Integrium is a therapeutically-focused, full-service contract research organization that specializes in dermatology, cardiovascular and metabolic clinical research. It has a strong reputation for delivering high-quality management of global clinical development programs and service to its clients. Combining the Integrium Clinical Excellence (ICE) study start-up and management methodology, and therapeutic expertise leads sponsors to more confident, better-informed drug and device development decisions. For more information please visit www.integrium.com.