From Molecule to Miracle: An Overview of the Drug Discovery and Development Process
Fri, 23 October, 8am – 11am
Crowne Plaza San Diego - Mission Valley: Lahaina Bay Room - 2270 Hotel Circle North - San Diego, CA 92108
For details, click here: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.eventbrite.com%2Fe%2Ffrom-molecule-to-miracle-an-overview-of-the-drug-discovery-and-development-process-registration-18251978158&ust=1441873090129000&usg=AFQjCNG_dkaLRuuspzyfhJSRhEAZ1T-qkQ
Please join the California Partnership for Access to Treatment (CPAT) and healthcare stakeholders from throughout California at the October 23 "From Molecule to Miracle" event in San Diego. At this free educational seminar, you will learn about the challenging process of drug discovery, development and approval.
It takes an average of more than 10 years for a medicine to make it from the molecule stage in a lab to the medicine cabinet - if it makes it at all. The chance of a new lifesaving drug getting to market is one in 5,000, and of those that make it, only two out of 10 actually pay for themselves.
Featured topics include:
- Types of Drugs - Biologics vs. Small Molecule
- Spotlight on Biologics for Chronic Conditions
- Safety and Efficacy Testing
- Therapeutic Options
- Preclinical and Clinical Trials
Keynote Speaker: Emily Burke, Ph.D., Director of Curriculum, BioTech Primer
Dr. Burke delivers training classes nationally and internationally, and has been an invited speaker at many events including the annual BIO International Convention and the California Life Science HR Conference.
Patient Perspectives Panel:
Moderator: Scott Suckow, Vice President of Development and Government Relations, Mental Health Systems and Convener, California Chronic Care Coalition in San Diego County
- Mary Ball, President & CEO, Alzheimer's Association of San Diego/Imperial Counties
- Karen Hooper, Executive Vice President, National Multiple Sclerosis Society / Pacific South Coast Chapter
- Susan Mahler Ph.D., Heart Transplant Survivor and Board Member, American Health Association / American Stroke Association San Diego Division - Patient Advisor, Kaiser Permanente San Diego / Southern California Regional
For additional information, please contact Jodi Epstein at: email@example.com or (323) 466-3445.
Complimentary breakfast will be served at 8:00 a.m.
with the program starting at 8:30 a.m.
Free parking is available on-site.
Have questions about From Molecule to Miracle: An Overview of the Drug Discovery and Development Process? Contact California Partnership for Access to Treatment (CPAT)